So the last few months have been rather challenging. Pretty crap to be honest. I don’t want to go into too much detail as this is not the place to wash dirty laundry and more importantly I want to become a far more positive person.
Thanks to a close friend I recently started following some simple rules that originate from Mikhail Labkovsky. Labkovsky is a Russian psychologist, author and started out as a teacher.
Here are the rules that he came up with to help to defeat neurosis and become a positive person.
- Do only what you want to do
- Don’t do what you don’t want to do
- Speak up if you don’t like something
- Don’t answer if you’re not asked
- Only answer questions
- Speak only about yourself while arguing
Ok, this might leave you with a bit of confusion and probably questions but I promise, I’ll clarify these a bit more in my next blog post. I will also let you know how this is helping me.
Try this for one day:
- only say YES to everything
- say thanks to everyone for the smallest things
- smile all, and I mean ALL day
- do not complain ONCE
Try that. If it is hard, you are like me and you seriously should investigate what makes you such a grumpy person.
A little spoiler: It works 😉